Date:      Thu, 19 May 2005 23:00:23 GMT
From:      Stephan Uphoff <ups@tree.com>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/79700: suspending nfs file access hangs other access to the file

The following reply was made to PR kern/79700; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Stephan Uphoff <ups@tree.com>
To: Dylan Simon <dylan@dylex.net>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: kern/79700: suspending nfs file access hangs other access to
	the file
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 18:52:14 -0400

 This is a problem with the usage of interruptible sleep in the NFS code.
 The following description of the problem in NetBSD should be close
 enough to the FreeBSD problem.

 http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-kern/2003/06/27/0022.html

 I don't think this will be fixed anytime soon and I recommend not using
 the "intr" option.
 ( In my opinion the "intr" option should never be used during normal
 operation since file operations may not behave as expected by programs )

 Stephan