Date:      Thu, 12 Feb 2009 21:45:30 -0200
From:      =?UTF-8?Q?Sd=C3=A4vtaker?= <sdavtaker@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD Advocacy <advocacy@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: BSDday-AR

Until now, only Brazil had BSDDay before, Argentina is second country
doing it and someone got the .com domain to try centralize the event
and set more places for the coming years.
Basicly the event is composed by 2 days, one all talks and one all
workshops, everything about BSD related topics.
They just got a certification autorization from BSDCertification.org,
the official calls will be done a few weeks from now since website and
translations are not yet ready.
The organization is currently taken by 2 BUGs here openbsderos and the
bug from university of Buenos Aires.
I ll keep posted as soon as the information is realeased.
Damian

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 18:10, Chad Perrin <perrin@apotheon.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 08:13:59AM -0200, Sd=C3=A4vtaker wrote:
>> Hey everyone, just a headup.
>> Buenos Aires May 29th+30th, BSDday-Argentina.
>> We still working in english versions of the site and calls, anyway you
>> can already check a spanish version in http://www.bsdday.com.ar
>> As soon as I get a  english version, i will send it (My english sucks
>> enough to avoid trying to full translate some official stuff).
>> If someone want to help in organization we still need some hands.
>
> Having never heard of BSDday before, and living in the US, I decided to
> try loading http://bsdday.com in my browser.  It's surprisingly useless,
> and contains only:
>
>                <BSDday...>
>
> What is this meant to be?  Is http://bsdday.com.ar just a regional
> version of what's supposed to be at http://bsdday.com (but apparently
> isn't)?  My Spanish is rusty enough that I basically can't get anything
> from the .ar site, unfortunately, other than what the images convey.
>
> --
> Chad Perrin [ content licensed OWL: http://owl.apotheon.org ]
> Quoth Scott McNealy: "Microsoft is now talking about the digital nervous
> system.  I guess I would be nervous if my system was built on their
> technology too."

--=20
Sd=C3=A4vtaker prays to Rikku goddess for a good treasure.