Date:      Sat, 19 Jan 2019 21:56:30 +0000
From:      Frank Leonhardt <frank2@fjl.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: The status of docker

On 19 January 2019 15:31:11 GMT, Rainer Duffner <rainer@ultra-secure=2Ede>=
 wrote:

>> Am 19=2E01=2E2019 um 15:24 schrieb Grzegorz Junka <list1@gjunka=2Ecom>:
>>=20
>> Has this project been completed and now only needs testing, or has it
>been abandoned, or maybe the approach has changed and I am looking in a
>wrong place?
>

>AFAIK, it=E2=80=99s dead=2E
>
>Docker is a Linux-thing=2E
>
>Your best bet is to run Linux in bhyve=2E

IIRC there have been two projects to port docker=2E One was using jails fo=
r containerisation, the other was doing it the Linux way somehow=2E Given t=
he way Docker is used (for running downloaded preconfigured binary containe=
rs) that it's not really a BSD ethos thing=2E

Anyway, both Docker ports stopped=2E Docker is a moving target, and I thin=
k that had a lot to do with it=2E

As Duffner said -  bhyve=2E It you're containerising BSD applications just=
 unpack a tarball into a jail=2E Unless you want K8S functionally=2E Last t=
ime I looked there was nothing doing on that front=2E
--=20
Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail=2E Please excuse my brevity=2E