Date:      Wed, 05 Nov 1997 16:22:37 GMT
From:      mouth@ibm.net (John Kelly)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: question

On Wed, 5 Nov 1997 08:31:20 +0000 (GMT), Eddy Deegan
<eddyd@dreamworld.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>You can, but your path probably doesn't look in the current directory for
>them. Type:
>
>% ./a.out
>
>instead of just plain vanilla 'a.out' and it will probably work.

One of my first changes after an install is PATH in .profile, where I
add a colon to the front of the path so that my current directory is
found in my path.

Why doesn't .profile have it that way by default?  It seems to me that
you would want to look in the current directory first.

John