Date:      Wed, 27 Sep 2000 10:04:17 -0400
From:      "Allen Pulsifer" <pulsifer@mediaone.net>
To:        "Kevin Riggins" <KRiggins@dice.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-database@FreeBSD. ORG" <freebsd-database@FreeBSD.ORG>, <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
Subject:   RE: Oracle 8.1.6 install on FreeBSD 4.1.1 Stable.....

> Has anyone had any success installing Oracle 8.1.6 for Linux
> on FreeBSD 4.1.1.

Kevin,

No luck.  I was having the same problem.  If you substitute the FreeBSD
JRE for the Linux JRE, you can get the installer to start up, but it
won't install anything.  I banged my head on it for a while before
giving up and installing Linux.

You may have some luck if you install Andrew Gallatin's patches for the
Linux emulator.  Enclosed is a copy of his patch announcement.

Let me know if you get anywhere.

Allen