Date:      Wed, 16 Nov 2005 10:06:27 -0800
From:      "Martin" <marwos@sbcglobal.net>
To:        <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   egress interface index lookup through a route SACK_RAW socket call

What / how do I construct a routing raw socket call to retrieve the
outgoing interface index for a particular route that is destined out of
an interface other than Ethernet such as a point to point?

With Ethernet interfaces I was able to contruct a rt_msghdr with RTM_GET
and RTA_DST- retrieve the gateway IP for the route then recursively call
the same function passing the gateway IP and the sock_addr_in
->sin_addr.s_port would return with the interface index.

But this does not work with PPP interfaces or other non-Ethernet.  Any
insight to what i am lacking in the route request would be appreciated.

Thanks,
_Martin