Date:      Wed, 29 Nov 1995 14:48:03 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        davidg@root.com
Cc:        mmead@Glock.COM, andrew@io.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SMC EtherEZ 8416

>    The EtherEZ *should* work. It was working for some people...I have one here
> and I'll try to test it out soon. In the mean time, I'd try changing the
> shared memory address to something different and possible look at your ISA bus
> timing and make sure it isn't too fast.

There is no such thing as "bus is too fast".

There is only "component is too slow".

I have an EISA I've been clocking fast for years without problems.  I
admit to *carefully* checking component specs before buying them.  It
has an older SMC card, an AHA 1742, and S3 928 (Ultra plus), and
nothing else not on the motherboard or the other size of the ISA
bridge.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---