Date:      Fri, 6 Dec 1996 04:28:25 +0000
From:      "Tim Tsai" <ttsai@netdoor.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   mmap(), nfs lock, dfs, fast ethernet, etc.

  Hello, I'm a FreeBSD newbie and I have not been able to find any of
the information that follows so I am hoping somebody here can
help me.

  1) Is mmap() in FreeBSD still broken?  I found some old e-mail that
suggested this but I do not know if this is still the case.
  2) Same for NFS locking.  I do not see lockd on my 2.1.5
distribution.
  3) Does anybody know of a distributed file system that is free (or
at least reasonably priced - a few hundred bucks perhaps) and
works with FreeBSD?  I am aware of NFS.  :-)  How about AFS or
something similar?
  4) I am still confused about fast ethernet PCI adapters.  Can
somebody tell me which ones will work with 2.1.6, and where I can
order some [if I need to get older cards.  I know where to find
current generation cards.]?

  Thanks in advance, and please CC a copy of the response to me if
possible.

  Tim