Date:      Sat, 25 Aug 2001 14:08:49 +0900
From:      Dan Kogai <dankogai@dan.co.jp>
To:        Marius Strom <marius@marius.org>, <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: periodic daily erases /usr/src and /usr/obj

on 01.8.25 0:58 PM, Marius Strom at marius@marius.org wrote:
> Dan,
> Are you possibly CVSUP'ing at the time your daily periodic runs?  cvsup
> seems to clobber symlinks.

  That was my first assumption.  I used to cvsup via /etc/daily.local before
this symptom occurs.
  So I turned off daily.local but the symptom remains unchanged.
  Here is the summery of what's going on

0)  The symptom appeared after I updated the host on Aug. 18th
1)  /usr/obj and /usr/src gets erased regardless of CVSUP
2)  I didn't change the directory structure

  So the logical conclusion is that it's done somewhere in
/etc/periodic/daily.  I read through the script but I couldn't find the
cause.

Dan