Date:      Thu, 11 Apr 1996 06:45:20 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Keith Mitchell <kmitch@phantasma.bevc.blacksburg.va.us>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Intermittant DAT Drive Error

Every once in a while (about once a week usually), my nightly backup fails
in the middle with the following errors:

st0(ahc0:6:0): Target Busy
st0(ahc0:6:0): Target Busy
st0(ahc0:6:0): Target Busy
st0(ahc0:6:0): Target Busy
st0(ahc0:6:0): Target Busy
st0(ahc0:6:0): Target Busy

In the dmesg output (I noticed this this time, but I don't know if this
happened in the past as well) are a bunch of:

file: table is full

right before the Target Busy errors.

This is a Conner CTD8000 (OEM name) or CP4326NP (retail name).  It is a
DDS-2 capable drive, and identifies itself as:

"ARCHIVE Python 28388-XXX 5.28"

I can't link this to any particular time frame or a particular set of tapes.

I am running Current from March 30, and am using amanda to perform the
backups.

Any Ideas?