Date:      Mon, 15 Jan 2001 22:52:52 -0500
From:      Lanny Baron <lnb@FreeBSDsystems.COM>
To:        Shill <shill@free.fr>, Shill <fake@verizon.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, nbuzaglo@mrs.com
Cc:        shill@free.fr
Subject:   Re: inetd and identd

Hi,
You may want to install pidentd which is in /usr/ports/security/pidentd .=
=20
That will get you your ident. Then next thing you may want to try is to=20
uncomment the following line in /etc/inetd.conf:
#auth   stream  tcp     wait    root    /usr/local/sbin/identd  identd -w=
=20
-t120
Take out the # of the line above (doing this as root of course) and save =
the=20
file.  When that is done you need to find the pid of inetd. Type ps auxw =
|=20
grep inetd
You will see a number like shown below:
root     175  0.0  0.2  1032  532  ??  Is   Fri09AM   0:00.24 inetd -wW
The pid is 175 so, as root, type (in my case) kill -HUP 175. Thats it. Do=
ne.

Lanny

--=20