Date:      Thu, 31 Oct 1996 07:58:41 +0000 ()
From:      Sergio Lenzi <lenzi@bsi.com.br>
To:        john@starfire.mn.org
Cc:        FreeBSD questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: "Progress(tm)" on FreeBSD?

On Fri, 25 Oct 1996 john@starfire.mn.org wrote:

> Anyone ever tried to get this running under FreeBSD?  The Progress
> people refuse to support Linux because of the scattered release
> situation, and don't seem to know what FreeBSD is, but I was wondering,
> with the support for commercial binaries that we have, if anyone has
> tried to get this running on FreeBSD.  I'd be interested in hearing
> about failures, though a success story is REALLY what I'd love to
> hear!

OK. I use Postgres95 in several FreeBSD boxes, whithout any problems.

Indeed, I use an accounting system for ISP build around Postgres95 databases,
and now are experimenting building applications (materials, financial)
using FreeBSD/php/postgres95.

The dbms is secure, and very fast, the interface to the dbms using php as
a apache module is very handy.

I like it.