Date:      Mon, 4 Jan 2016 22:42:36 -0800
From:      Benno Rice <benno@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Konstantin Belousov <kib@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Possible bug in or around posix_fadvise after r292326

> On Jan 4, 2016, at 22:05, Benno Rice <benno@freebsd.org> wrote:
>=20
> Hi Konstantin,
>=20
> I recently updated my dev box to r292962. After doing this I attempted =
to set up PostgreSQL 9.4. When I ran initdb the last phase hung. Using =
procstat -kk I found it appeared to be stuck in a loop inside a =
posix_fadvise syscall. I could not ^C or ^Z the initdb process. I could =
kill it but a subsequent attempt to rm -rf the /usr/local/pgsql/data =
directory also got stuck and was unkillable by any means. Rebooting =
allowed me to remove the directory but the initdb process still hung =
when I re-ran it.

[snip]

>=20
> I haven=E2=80=99t managed to dig any deeper than that yet.
>=20
> Is there any other information I could give you to help narrow this =
down?

Rebooted with a WITNESS kernel and got the following LOR after initdb =
started:

https://gist.github.com/jeamland/69a07c4523f0dea4c26c =
<https://gist.github.com/jeamland/69a07c4523f0dea4c26c>;