Date:      Tue, 26 Mar 2013 11:04:23 -0400
From:      George Neville-Neil <gnn@neville-neil.com>
To:        george@ceetonetechnology.com
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RFC: "Crochet" build tool

On Mar 26, 2013, at 10:44 , George Rosamond =
<george@ceetonetechnology.com> wrote:

> Integrating into base would be nice.
>=20
> My question would be: just for ARM, or as Tim mentions in his script,
> potentially for other architectures also?

My thought is that it's more about the fact that you're building for =
embedded
and the cross archticture part is tangential, but I also don't want to =
dump
a ton of work on Tim on top of what he's already done.

> If so what would be benefit/difference with NanoBSD if Tim's script =
was
> used for other architectures?
>=20
> For embedded-type systems on i386, I always built my own and never got
> into Nano.

I think this is to make it easier for folks who don't normally do this =
to do this.
Those of us, you included, who can build their own one off scripts can =
do that
but the project needs a good way to package this stuff and Tim's script
is the best thing to come along in a while.

Best,
George