Date:      Tue, 15 Oct 2002 10:18:02 +0000
From:      "Philip M. Gollucci" <gollucci@wam.umd.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   CVS

I've got a CVS Win2k Server, yes, I know its stupid to not put it on a
unix computer, not my call.

I want to connect to with from Windows computer vi cygwin, WinCVS...
This works
I also want to connect from Uninx(FreeBSD) to it with gcvs, cvs vi.

As I understand it, as of 1.10 or about, they broke parsing of the
command line
so
:pserver:user@host:d:/cvsroot
doesn't work on the unix clients.

I've heard that you need to downgrade to a release before this.
FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE  ships with 1.11.1p1-FreeBSD (client/server)
Current is 1.11.2

I've never in my life spread across the last 5 years sucessfully
compiled cvs on FreeBSD.

The binary packages are too var ahead. aka /stand/sysinstall
As are the ports.

The relavent line src/root.c:501 is where the port gets parsed in recent
versions,
one would think I could
cd /usr/src/contrib/cvs/src
edit it
cd ../
make
make install
but no, there is no Makefile there. Short of doing a full buildworld,
since I just did that to get from 4.6->4.7
how can I just do it for cvs.
I've got the expertise to fix the file my self.

Thanks for your help.

Damn this is annoying.

Philip