Date:      Tue, 09 Mar 1999 21:10:55 -0800
From:      charon@freethought.org
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   replacing sources with ctm

(I know I asked this question before, in some form, but I never really got
an answer, and searches of the mail archives turned up empty as well.)

Somewhere between the Handbook page on CTM and the tutorial "making the
world your own," I got a bit confused.  Do I _replace_ the stuff in
/usr/src with the new sources from CTM?  CTM won't directly write to the
/usr/src directory.  I thought I had to have the CTM sources in another
(arbitrary) directory, but then do I have two copies of the source?  The
"making the world your own" tutorial says that it assumes I "have
downloaded a version of the FreeBSD source code and placed it in /usr/src,"
but the CTM Handbook page seems to indicate that I should use another
directory.  What's up?  I did change the symlink '/sys' to point to the new
'/whevever/I/used/ctm/sys', but sys isn't all of the source, is it?  Thanks,

-charon