Date:      Tue, 10 Mar 2009 08:55:18 +0100
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Boris Samorodov <bsam@ipt.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to config timezone of linux_base-f8

Quoting Boris Samorodov <bsam@ipt.ru> (from Tue, 10 Mar 2009 08:40:47 +0300)=
:

> On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 12:28:46 +0900 Daichi GOTO wrote:
>
>> How about to add tzdata-2008h-1.fc8.noarch.rpm to Ports Collections
>> and dependency of linux_base-f8?   If f8 has tzdata there, user can
>> use their own tz just copying it to /compat/linux/etc/localtime. It
>> looks good idea.
>
> It's on my TODO list but not the first one. ATM I'm working on new
> linux infrastructure ports. And as always patches are welcome. ;-)

I want to add that there's still hope that the timezone stuff in =20
-current gets updated soonish (which means we don't need tzdata in f8, =20
as 7.1 will not switch to f8 by default as it would 1. violate POLA =20
and 2. does not have the necessary emulation stuff to be compatible =20
with 2.6.16).

Bye,
Alexander.

--=20
  "Eureka!" -Professor
  "Did you build the Smell-o-scope?" -Fry
  "No. I remembered that I built one last year." -Professor

http://www.Leidinger.net    Alexander @ Leidinger.net: PGP ID =3D B0063FE7
http://www.FreeBSD.org       netchild @ FreeBSD.org  : PGP ID =3D 72077137