Date:      Mon, 12 Mar 2001 19:33:30 -0500
From:      Dany Cayouette <danyc@playground.net>
To:        Tymanthius Rune Speak <tymanthius@usa.net>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: More NATD/IPFW woes . . .

Oops! it send too fast.  Couple of other things I could suggest.  Keep the
firewall open initially to debug your connectivity problem.   In my /etc/rc.conf
I have:

firewall_enable="YES"
firewall_type="OPEN"
natd_enable="YES"
natd_interface="ep0"  (This is the 'public' interface aka facing your provider.
In your case, ed0 or ed1)

From a host on your private/home LAN, you should be able to ping both interface
on the FreeBSD box.  This would indicate the routing on the FBSD box is OK.  In
my kernel, I have

options IPFIREWALL
options IPDIVERT

defined.