Date:      Thu, 19 May 2005 13:41:13 -0500
From:      Eric Anderson <anderson@centtech.com>
To:        Maksim Yevmenkin <maksim.yevmenkin@savvis.net>
Cc:        freebsd-bluetooth@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bthidd core dumped

Maksim Yevmenkin wrote:
> Eric,

>>> ok, i found the problem. i have attached the patch that should fix
>>> it. please do
>>>
>>> 1) save attached patch somewhere
>>>
>>> 2) cd /usr/src/usr.sbin/bluetooth/bthidd
>>>
>>> 3) patch < /path/to/saved/bthidd.patch.txt
>>>
>>> 4) make cleandir && make depend && make && make install
>>>
>>> this patch is against bthidd(8) sources committed to -current.
>>

>> Ok - running it now.  I'll let you know if I have any issues with it -
>> none so far.
>

> actually, it should be pretty easy to test. just force your bluetooth
> mouse to disconnect. either by powering it off or taking it out of RF
> range (should be about 10 meters). you should see bthidd(8) saying that
> device was disconnected. then power on the mouse (or move it into RF
> range) and move it (or press button). you should see bthidd(8) saying
> that device is connected. try above several times.
>
> thanks for reporting this!

I've done everything I can to break it, and it's still running like a champ.

One question - is this option to bthidd:
-t tval         specify client rescan interval (sec)

for having bthidd poll the mice/keyboards etc more often?  I find that
my mice go into a power saving mode, and it takes a few seconds to come
back alive.  I'd like to have it poll for my mouse more often to lower
this delay - 3 seconds feels like an eternity.. :)  Also - what is the
default?

Eric

A lost ounce of gold may be found, a lost moment of time never.