Date:      Mon, 23 Jul 2001 17:41:07 -0400
From:      Brian Szymanski <brian.szymanski@cornell.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   custom kernel boots but has no terminal interaction

Hi,

Please CC me in any response.

I just recompiled my kernel on a pentium 100-64MB box that's been running
stably for 2 years now using 4.3 (tried it with 5.0, but encountered the
same error and decided to reinstall 4.3). When I boot my kernel, nothing is
output on the terminal after:

Booting kernel...
-

I can ssh into the box, etc. But sometimes I like to actually sit down in
front of the box and do things on it (ie, hork with the network config).
Any ideas what went wrong?

Thanks for your time,
Brian Szymanski
bks10@cornell.edu