Date:      Thu, 9 Jan 1997 22:56:55 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Stan Brown <stanb@netcom.com>
Cc:        Free BSD Questions list <freebsd-questions@freebsd.com>
Subject:   Re: Gravis Ultrasound PnP, How to make work ?

On Thu, 9 Jan 1997, Stan Brown wrote:

> 	I asked around a little about sound cards a few days ago and came to
> 	the conclusion that the Garvis Ultrasound was the best supported one
> 	under FreeBSD. I ordered one, and found out it's a PnP device.
>
> 	I am running 2.1.5, how do I get this card to work with FreeBSD?
>
> 	Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

1.  Upgrade to a 2.2-deriviative.
2.  Fetch ftp://rah.star-gate.com/pub/guspnp6.tar.gz
3.  Extract; read instructions enclosed.
4.  Rebuild & reinstall your kernel as directed.
5.  Enjoy :)

Incidentally, the 'freebsd-multimedia' list is a good place to tune into
about this.  The author of the guspnp driver, Amancio Hasty, is there to
answer your questions.

I've been running the guspnp6 driver for quite some time with no problems
other than don't warm-boot from a PnP-aware OS (Win95, OS/2 Warp 4) or
else it'll panic.