Date:      Thu, 13 Mar 1997 19:52:20 -0800
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        sfmc@inx.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Intel Etherexpress Pro/100B ISA version

>Hi, I went through the FreeBSD handbook and found the PCI version
>of the above card supported.  My question is, would this fxp0 driver
>work for the ISA version.  If not, would there be a separate version
>for the ISA card?

   A Pro/100B for ISA? Really? That's the first I've heard of it, and it does
seem a bit silly to attempt to do 100Mbps ethernet over ISA (where it isn't
possible to get even half of 100Mbps).
   Anyway, no, there is no chance that the current fxp driver will work with
an ISA card. The chipset on the board must be entirely different (the 82557
on the PCI Pro/100B is very PCI-centric).

-DG

David Greenman