Date:      Sun, 20 Sep 2015 23:59:04 -0600
From:      reg@dwf.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   X server insecure (must use xauth-style authorization)

I am getting the message in the Subject line when running exmh.
Here is a more complete version of the messages:

BgLostPid ps  2456: PID TT  STAT TIME COMMAND
child process exited abnormally
BgRegister X server insecure (must use xauth-style authorization); command
ignored
BgRegister X server insecure (must use xauth-style authorization); command
ignored
BgRegister X server insecure (must use xauth-style authorization); command
ignored
BgRegister X server insecure (must use xauth-style authorization); command
ignored
BgRegister X server insecure (must use xauth-style authorization); command
ignored
exmh-bg cannot rendez-vous with UI - exiting.
  Usually this is because Tk send is not working.
  Check the notes under Frequently Asked Questions #4a and #4b.
  You can find this under the Help menu.

---

I am not sure where this FAQ is that they are referring to.

I vaguely remember this MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 stuff from setting up a sun
years ago, but don't remember the details.

I added the following to my .login, on the assumption that it
would fix the problem, but it doesn't;

        setenv cookie `date +%s%s%s%s | cut -c-32`
        xauth add unix:0.0 MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 $cookie
        xauth add `hostname -f1` :0.0 MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 $cookie
        /usr/local/bin/X  -auth /home/reg/.Xauthority

What should I be doing?

--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg@dwf.com