Date:      Sat, 15 Apr 1995 23:59:43 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD hackers)
Subject:   Re: 90's compilers

As Bruce Evans wrote:

> Produces a few warnings for the new code and too many warnings for old
> code:

> /usr/src/usr.bin/dmenu/strsed.c:2: warning: `rcsid' defined but not used

This is the only acceptable one (missing a working #ident), the
remainder needs to be cleared.

Yeah, i know, it will be *lots* of work.  But if we never start, we'll
never reach the end.

New code should only be accepted if it compiles without avoidable
warnings from -Wall -W<blah>. :-)

--
cheers, J"org

joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de -- http://www.sax.de/~joerg/