Date:      Tue, 1 Jun 2004 23:05:43 +0200
From:      Simon Barner <barner@in.tum.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: archivemail-0.6.1 not working as expected

--h31gzZEtNLTqOjlF

> So to make it clear: If I want to run a cron job for a special user I use
> crontab and otherwise to run a system-wide cron-job that is not defined by
> FreeBSD itself I use /usr/local/etc/periodic?

AFAICS /usr/local/etc/periodic is mainly used by ports, e.g. portaudit
uses it to fetch its database every day.

For your own system wide cron jobs, you could also use user cron tabs,
e.g. root, nobody, ... depending on what you want to do.

I think it's only a matter of taste.

[...]

> So thank you again for all your help and work

Don't mention it -- the only thing I did was pasting my script :-)

Simon

--h31gzZEtNLTqOjlF

--h31gzZEtNLTqOjlF--