Date:      Wed, 1 Feb 2006 13:34:28 +0100
From:      Oliver Brandmueller <ob@e-Gitt.NET>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Quota deadlocks.

--ABTtc+pdwF7KHXCz

Hi.

On Wed, Feb 01, 2006 at 03:36:19AM -0800, Jeff Roberson wrote:
> I'm not able to reproduce the quota deadlocks that were reported.  Can=20
> anyone reproduce them on 7.0?  I need more specific instructions on how t=
o=20
> reproduce, or more detailed debugging info from someone who can.  If you=
=20
> can reproduce, please add 'options DEBUG_LOCKS' to your kernel.  Then get=
=20
> me the output of 'alltrace' 'ps' and 'show lockedvnods' from ddb.  I'll=
=20
> also need the output of 'mount' and a good description of what triggered=
=20
> the issue.  I hope to resolve this before 6.1.

I have no chance to test on 7 and currently try to avoid crashing our=20
NFS server. I have good reasons to believe, that the problem also occurs=20
on UP machines (see my postings in Reply to Henri Hennebert (Re:=20
6.0-RELEASE freeze repetitively). Unfortunately, the server has no=20
DEBUG_LOCKS turned on :-/

I cannot see any load problem or any cronjob making traffic. Close to=20
the time of the crash I see an ftp user on one of our app servers, that=20
might have reached his quota (rquotad, NFS), though I cannot tell for=20
sure. And also it's unlikely that this is the only time someone reached=20
his quota.

If there's apart from what I posted something I could look up in the=20
dump, then please tell me.

Thanx for looking into this,

				Oliver

--=20
| Oliver Brandmueller | Offenbacher Str. 1  | Germany       D-14197 Berlin |
| Fon +49-172-3130856 | Fax +49-172-3145027 | WWW:   http://the.addict.de/ |
|               Ich bin das Internet. Sowahr ich Gott helfe.               |
| Eine gewerbliche Nutzung aller enthaltenen Adressen ist nicht gestattet! |

--ABTtc+pdwF7KHXCz

--ABTtc+pdwF7KHXCz--