Date:      Tue, 04 Nov 2003 16:24:18 +0900
From:      "Rommel B. IKEDA" <r_ikeda@oisca.org>
To:        FreeBSD ML <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   vlc installation in /usr/ports/multimedia take too long...

Hi,

I was jsut wondering...How LONG does it take for the
"/usr/ports/multimedia/vlc" take to get it installed?

I made a "make install clean" on the afternoon November 1st and since it
did not finished immediately I had to leave my PC on until Today,
November 4th...The last time I installed OpenOffice from Ports, it did
not took me 24 Hours to successfully compile it...but "vlc" has not
stopped yet...Looking at the output, it seems that it is displaying the
same outputs (although I could not verify it 100%, because it is
displaying quite fast)...

Is it normal for a Port to be compiled for 3-4 days?  I was just wondering?
I would really appreciate if anyone can help me how to verify that my
machine is indeed compiling the right way or it is just going in a loop...
What if I would kill it...what would happen?  Can I start
again...compile from the Ports and encounter no problems?...Oh...by the
way, I am a Newbie...I do not know how to properly Kill it...

Thank for any help in advance...

Rommel B. Ikeda