Date:      Wed, 25 Nov 1998 23:54:15 -0500 (EST)
From:      jack <jack@germanium.xtalwind.net>
To:        Steve Kargl <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3.0 crashes/reboots

On Wed, 25 Nov 1998, Steve Kargl wrote:

> I've never owned IDE hardware.

Wish I could say that.

> I can crash my scsi system by
> firing off a "make -j 32 world", a "make" in /usr/ports/devel/ddd,
> and then in a kernel build tree continously run
> "make depend; make -j 8 ; make clean;"

Glad I can't say that.  ddd just finished building, make world
and the endless loop of kernel builds are still running, and so
is the build of the new X in /usr/ports/x11/XFree86 that I
started before the rest of them.

> In essense, you need quite a bit of disk activity.

Had that.

Jack O'Neill                    Systems Administrator / Systems Analyst
jack@germanium.xtalwind.net     Crystal Wind Communications, Inc.
          Finger jack@germanium.xtalwind.net for my PGP key.
   PGP Key fingerprint = F6 C4 E6 D4 2F 15 A7 67   FD 09 E9 3C 5F CC EB CD
               enriched, vcard, HTML messages > /dev/null