Date:      Wed, 13 Jun 2007 12:28:01 -0700
From:      Eric Anholt <eric@anholt.net>
To:        Craig Boston <craig@xfoil.gank.org>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ZFS tuning tips?

--=-wx6t8RMElQtAPOdFTnzX

On Wed, 2007-06-13 at 11:08 -0500, Craig Boston wrote:
> This is on i386.  I'd love to switch to amd64 but am held back by the
> nvidia driver.  I wouldn't miss 3D acceleration _that_ much, but last I
> checked the 'nv' driver didn't support using both heads on the card,
> which is kind of a showstopper.  Anybody know if this is possible in
> Xorg 7.2?

The nv 2d driver supports randr 1.2 on the G80, so it would be a matter
of getting our server updated and updating to the latest nv driver (I've
left the server alone so that things could settle with the xorg upgrade
for a while).

The nouveau developers are working on supporting randr 1.2 as well as
other features that nvidia doesn't care to expose, on all nvidia
hardware.  I don't know of anyone working on supporting it on FreeBSD
currently.

--=20
Eric Anholt                             anholt@FreeBSD.org
eric@anholt.net                         eric.anholt@intel.com