Date:      Sun, 12 Mar 2000 14:51:21 -0500
From:      "Francisco Reyes" <fran@reyes.somos.net>
To:        "David Wolfskill" <dhw@whistle.com>
Cc:        "FreeBSD Stable List" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: How to get Sendmail 8.10 in stable?

On Sun, 12 Mar 2000 11:21:54 -0800 (PST), David Wolfskill wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

>Anyway, I guess my point is that sendmail is strictly a user-level
>program -- it's easy to install a new release without being too concerned
>about what release of what OS you're running.

The reason I asked is because there IS some level of integration
between FreeBSD and sendmail.
For instance Buildworld re-creates the sendmail.cf

did you have to take  sendmail out of any of the configuration
files (rc.conf, kernel)?
I seem to recall that if one is going to use something other
than the sendmail  that comes with stable that one needs to
disable something somewhere.