Date:      29 Jan 1998 11:35:44 +0200
From:      Vladimir Litovka <doka@grunt.vl.net.ua>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: diff: Additional login capability

In maillist.freebsd.hackers Adrian T. Filipi-Martin <atf3r@cs.virginia.edu> wrote:

> Furthermore, you can make the "shell" for uusys a two line shell script.

 Imagine, that you have 1000 uucp clients and for each of them you must
 create shell script. Do you like this? ;) I have been wrote one script and
 now pass only argument to it - which system must be executed.

> I don't think this should become a feature of the
> login process.  It seems more of a risk than a benefit to me.

 As root, you can do anything. So, you must carefully setup your host.
 Security of your system is fully depend on your work. ;)

--
     Vladimir Litovka <doka@grunt.vl.net.ua>,  hostmaster of vl.net.ua
                UNIX: And where do you want to find yourself tomorrow?