Date:      Tue, 26 Nov 2002 08:11:15 +0100
From:      Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@bellavista.cz>
To:        "Gary W. Swearingen" <swear@attbi.com>
Cc:        Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Find abandoned packages

# swear@attbi.com / 2002-11-25 15:52:42 -0800:
> Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr> writes:
> > Outlook is infamous for its habit of sending 8-bit characters
> > unencoded in MIME messages that lack proper Content-Type: headers.
> > The result is rather interesting to look upon, when the message passes
> > through multiple SMTP servers, with different settings each.
>
> I didn't realize that the other poster was referring to MIME mail
> (partially because the message I complained about didn't use MIME).

    1. I don't have the original message because my maildrop filter
       sends all list posts from MSFT "email" programs to /dev/null.

    2. That particular bug I've seen quoted in your reply to the
       original message is an Outlook [Express]-specific thing. I
       haven't seen it produced by the Lotus Notes client (at least as
       broken as OE, possibly more) or anything else.

    2. I'm not aware of any method (and doubt there is one) to make
       Outlook send an RFC 822 message. All it can create is it's
       crippled idea of MIME.

    4. You have already shown that you (falsely) think MIME email ==
       HTML email.

    2. 3. and 4. lead me to the conclusion that it *was* a MIME message,
    despite 1.