Date:      Fri, 8 Feb 2002 22:32:16 +0100
From:      "Bas v.d. Wiel" <bas@kompas-media.nl>
To:        "Michael Sierchio" <kudzu@tenebras.com>
Cc:        <stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Crash System with MSDOS file-system driver!

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
[mailto:owner-freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG]On Behalf Of Michael Sierchio
Sent: Friday, February 08, 2002 6:21 PM
To: Gunnar Flygt
Cc: Matteo; FreeBSD Stable

Gunnar Flygt wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 08:37:15AM -0800, Matteo wrote:
>
>>Hi all,
>>
>>I've 4.5-RELEASE and 4.4-STABLE.
>>
>>Try to follow this steps:
>>
>>1) Mount a msdos floppy write protected in /floppy
>>2) cd /floppy
>>3) rm somefileo
>>

> Why do you try to delete a file on a write protected floppy?

To reproduce a fatal error and provoke stupid questions?

No, to have a bug exposed and hopefully fixed by someone in the near future.
Sadly I'm no programmer, wouldn't even know where to start looking for this
bug, so I can't fix it myself. Bugs like these do need fixing though, and
exposing them on this mailing list seems like the proper way to go if you
don't know how to fix it yourself. Nobody's forcing you to actually repeat
the steps on a production system ;-)