Date:      Thu, 25 Jul 1996 08:53:16 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Leon Kaplan <kaplan@CSlab.tuwien.ac.at>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Quick NFS Question

> Hello;
>
> I have a question on exporting NFS filesystems.  Is only possible to
> export partitions, such as /, and /usr.  What I want to do is export
> /usr/two, but I keep getting a permision denied error.

First question: as far as I have seen yes. Again as far as I know Linux
Can export mounted filesystems that are mounted in a subdirectory but
FreeBSD seems to follow the standard for NFS which says that you must export
each filesystem explictly.
(Note: I do not intend to start a Linux - FreeBSD discussion with the
above!!)

Second question:
	a) what are the permissions on that directory (d--------- ?)
	b) did you try to mount (on the client side) as root?
		if so you might have to include a -maproot=<uid> option
		in your /etc/exports.

> Thanks,
> Blair

Hope