Date:      Wed, 7 Jul 1999 22:46:19 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mohit Aron <aron@cs.rice.edu>
To:        jlemon@americantv.com (Jonathan Lemon)
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: paper on improving webserver performance

> This seems to indicate that you still have the overhead where the timer
> fires, but no events are actually pending.

True, but it avoids any pointer manipulations when timers are set and cancelled
by TCP (which happens much more). Only if a timer is set by TCP that needs to
fire earlier than the time that the timing wheel event handler needs to fire
would you need to move around the timing wheel event.

In any case, I'm very interested in your implementation since you appear to
have seen faster performance results with it.

- Mohit