Date:      Fri, 22 Nov 1996 12:58:21 -0500 (EST)
From:      Vlad Markov <bdqjl43@server4.bell-atl.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Ridiculously long dial string

I can connect to the network at work via user ppp. This is a toll call, so I
got a Corporate Telephone credit card. To use it I must:
1. Enter 800xxxxxxx to access some phone network
2. wait for the dial tone
3. Enter 0XXXXXXXXXXX to get to the number I really want
4. Wait a little bit
5. Enter the credit card number and pin.

I can't figure out how to do this. My first attempt was to put it in the dial
string but the number was too long and the timing became incorrect.

I read about "chat", if that is my solution, I don't understand how to
implement it.