Date:      Wed, 22 Jan 1997 23:49:13 +1100
From:      Mark Hannon <mark@seeware.DIALix.oz.au>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        support@xinside.com, epamha@epa.ericsson.se
Subject:   dtmail & NFS mounted /var/mail

------------2A0B566C18EF0

 Hi again,

Some more problems/issues with CDE.

I am having some problems with dtmail accessing my /var/mail which
is NFS mounted from my mail-server.  I can't seem to update the
inbox reliably and dtmail tends to crash when trying to do so....

I guess this is because we don't have any working NFS file-locking.
Does anybody have any suggestions as to how one could get this
working?

I saw some mention of tooltalk helping me out here... is that true?
(CDE is not installed on the mail-server).

Thanks, Mark

------------2A0B566C18EF0

<HTML><BODY>

<DT>&nbsp;Hi again,</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>Some more problems/issues with CDE.</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>I am having some problems with dtmail accessing my /var/mail which</DT>

<DT>is NFS mounted from my mail-server.&nbsp; I can't seem to update the</DT>

<DT>inbox reliably and dtmail tends to crash when trying to do so....</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>I guess this is because we don't have any working NFS file-locking.</DT>

<DT>Does anybody have any suggestions as to how one could get this</DT>

<DT>working?</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>I saw some mention of tooltalk helping me out here... is that true?</DT>

<DT>(CDE is not installed on the mail-server).</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>Thanks, Mark</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>