Date:      Wed, 19 Feb 2014 22:54:33 -0600
From:      Scot Hetzel <swhetzel@gmail.com>
To:        Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports ML <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Unable to build kfelibs (not docbook)

On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 9:45 PM, Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, I have gotten docbook updated. I now have five docbook ports and
> docbook-utils builds correctly. But I still can't build kdelibs. It now
> configures fine, but:
> Scanning dependencies of target docbookl10nhelper
> [  9%] Built target threadweaver
> [  9%] Building CXX object
> kdoctools/CMakeFiles/docbookl10nhelper.dir/docbookl10nhelper_automoc.o
> Linking CXX executable ../bin/docbookl10nhelper
> [  9%] Generating opcodes.h, opcodes.cpp, machine.cpp
>  /usr/local/lib/compat/libstdc++.so.6: version GLIBCXX_3.4.11 required by
> /usr/ports/x11/kdelibs4/work/.build/bin/icemaker not found
> --- kjs/opcodes.h ---
> *** [kjs/opcodes.h] Error code 1
>
> make[4]: stopped in /usr/ports/x11/kdelibs4/work/.build
> 1 error
>
> Any ideas? FreeBSD 10-Stable from last week. Only WITH_NEWXORG and WITH_KMS
> in make.conf. I don't have any idea where GLIBCXX_3.4.11 would come from.
> my libstdc++ is from compat9x.

The problem most likely is caused by icemaker finding libstdc++.so.6
in /usr/local/lib/compat/.

Do you also have a libstdc++.so* in /usr/local/lib?

You might want to try removing /usr/local/lib/compat from your library
path, and then rebuild kdelibs4.

--
DISCLAIMER:

No electrons were maimed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.