Date:      Wed, 09 Mar 2016 10:21:42 -0700
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.net>
To:        Piotr Kubaj <pkubaj@anongoth.pl>, freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Will 11.0-RELEASE include ASLR?

ASLR is controversial. Some see it as "security by obscurity;" others see
it as extremely useful and effective.

Yes, I would like it as a kernel build option, so that I can choose to
optimize for raw speed (e.g. on a server which is hardened in other ways)
or for the extra warm fuzzies that ASLR provides.

--Brett Glass