Date:      Tue, 24 Nov 1998 13:09:25 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Stan Brown" <stanb@awod.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG (Free BSD Questions list)
Subject:   Anyone have Comcast@Home cable modem service working with FreeBSD?

	I have a FreeBSD machine that I use for my gateway to the internet via
	a local dialup ISP, and user mode ppp, with IP alliasing. Works great!.

	Now ComCast has just started offering cable modems in my area. Motorola
	Bitsurfer, fixed IP address, up link speed 1.5MB downlink 3MB. Plus
	they are offering free installation for a limited time. I am seriously
	considering puting a second NIC card in thei box, and trying it.

	I was wondering if anyone had experience with Comcast@Home? Or any
	experience with Motorola Bitsurfers? Any gotcha's that I should be
	concerned about here?

	Thanks for any feedback on this.

--
Stan Brown     stanb@netcom.com                                    770-996-6955