Date:      Fri, 15 Mar 1996 01:21:19 -0500 (EST)
From:      hoek@freenet.hamilton.on.ca
To:        stephens <stephens@iclc.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Install questions...

On Mon, 13 Mar 1995, stephens wrote:

> 	2)  How much hard drive space do I need to run the system?  Can
> 	I just use 500 megs, or will the system be downgraded too much,
> 	and if I can, what would you suggest for values to set the /root
> 	and other filesystems at?

	Well...  It runs well-enough on my 75MB hd space I gave (leaving
a total of 5MB for DOS).  Of course, there are no XWindows...

http://www.freebsd.org is the best source of information.

> 	4)  Can I get updates/programs on the internet for it?

	Yup.  ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/freebsd (or something like that)
has the much-nicer-than-FreeBSD-2.0 release, FreeBSD 2.1-Release.  You'll
want to install that instead of the 2.0 one you have.