Date:      Fri, 12 Jun 1998 17:02:50 +1000
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        bde@zeta.org.au, ianh@tortuga.com.au
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: src Makefile fix

>> I don't see how this actually works - it doesn't rename y.tab.h.  This
>I was basing the functionality on the yacc man page:
>
>    -o output_filename
>	  Cause yacc to write the generated code to output_filename instead
>	  of the default file, y.tab.c.

But we're fixing the case where -o can not be used :-).

>Another problem is that it'll try to "mv" the generated .c even if the
>"yacc" failed.  As we both agree, it is not nice.

The shell is execed with -e to avoid problems like that.  OTOH, the mv
is not nice because it is given in the same command as the yacc, so it
causes an extra exec, and it turns the #line statements in y.tab.c
into garbage.

>Shall I sit back and patiently await a good fix, or continue the hunt?

What was wrong with my fix except it hasn't been tested enough?

Bruce