Date:      Fri, 19 Oct 2001 16:27:05 -0500
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        "Jeffrey D. Wheelhouse" <jdw_list@wwwi.com>
Cc:        <RivaW@gmx.de>, <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Circular log patches for syslog

Jeffrey D. Wheelhouse <jdw_list@wwwi.com> types:

I almost commented on this one earlier - there's a utility in ports
called "flog" which I use to avoid your general problem - that of
running out of space on the logging device. It's not as nice a
solution as you've got, though, so I skipped it.

However, there are lots of system utilities that have replacements in
the ports tree. In particular, there are at least two syslog daemons,
one of which - msyslog - supports modules for input and output
processing.

Possibly this functionality could be done as an output module for
msyslog, and that bundled as a port. Or even given back to the msyslog
project.

	<mike
Q: How do you make the gods laugh?		A: Tell them your plans.