Date:      Tue, 14 Nov 2000 09:00:31 -0800 (PST)
From:      Roop Nanuwa <roop@gw.carpoolbc.com>
To:        Trevor Legall <twlegall@home.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Compatibility Modules for Linux (performance issues)

In my own experience and from anecdotal stories from others, FreeBSD has
no performance hit when running Linux programs. Actually, from everything,
I know/hear, Linux programs actually run faster on FreeBSD than on native
Linux. This is because FreeBSD itself is a faster OS than most Linii (or
Linuxes?) and the Linux compability is just an extremely thin wrapper on
top of it.

Don't get me wrong here though, I have yet to see any
benchmarks/statistics to factually prove this. All of my
reasons to believe this to be true is because of personal experience and
anecdotal stories from others.

RSN