Date:      Thu, 14 Mar 2002 18:51:26 +0100 (CET)
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Trond_Endrest=F8l?= <trond@ramstind.gtf.ol.no>
To:        FreeBSD stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   TCP connections stuck in the LAST_ACK state

Hi,

I have a few TCP connections that are stuck in the LAST_ACK state.
This is on a FreeBSD 3.5-STABLE system as of 18 December 2001.

How can I get rid of these connections other than rebooting the
machine?

Also, how may I prevent this from happening again?

I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum for this line of questioning, it
might better belong on -questions.