Date:      Tue, 25 Feb 2003 09:41:38 -0500
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
To:        hhorse@globalnet.co.uk
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: No subject was specified.

Harry Horse wrote:
> Bill Moran wrote:
>>Harry Horse wrote:
>>
>>>What are you doing on my home page?
>>>Who are you and what does your satanic imagery refer to?
>>>Harry Horse
>>
>>Who are you and what are you talking about?
>>
>>--
>>Bill Moran
>>Potential Technologies
>>http://www.potentialtech.com
>
> Dear Bill,
> I recently tried to access my home page and found your company
> logo spread across it. Are you something to do with Globalnet?
> Access was denied. Your address appeared on the link.
> What does your company do?

Which company logo?  FreeBSD?  My company is a computer consulting
firm in Pennsylvania.  I often donate time to the FreeBSD project
by answering questions (such as this).

FreeBSD is not a company.  Read the information at www.freebsd.org.
FreeBSD is software.  It's very likely that Globalnet uses FreeBSD
on the server that houses your homepage.  You should contact them
if you're having trouble.

But then again, I could be wrong, since you didn't put much detail
in your message.  I don't know if you're talking about FreeBSD or
just emailed the wrong address.  You should at least give us a
link to the homepage in question so we're not guessing at what
we think you might be seeing.

There is no satanic imagry.  Chuck is a daemon, which is a
computer program that runs all the time.  He is not satanic, he's
metaphoric.

subscribers.  It's customary to reply to the mailing list when
you receive a response from it, not the individual.  You can
usually accomplish this through the "reply all" command on your
mailing software.

Hope this information is helpful.

--
Bill Moran