Date:      Tue, 23 Nov 1999 23:13:59 +0000
From:      Scott Mitchell <s.mitchell@computer.org>
To:        Ping Mai <ping@stepnet.com>, freebsd-xircom@lovett.com
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: need help with Xircom RealPort Ethernet 10/100 (RE-100)

On Mon, Nov 22, 1999 at 05:12:53PM -0800, Ping Mai wrote:
> has anyone used this card successfully with 3.3-RELEASE with
> PAO?  I have this card in a compaq presario 1925.  the
> system can see the card slots and the card.  ifconfig sees
> the xe0 interface but cannot configure it.  the link status
> LED is always off.  what to do?
>
> TIA,
> ping

Ping,

Best thing to do is post your message again to <freebsd-xircom@lovett.com>
(this is a mailing list for the developers/users of the Xircom driver) and
include all of the following:

	- complete 'dmesg' output when your laptop boots
	- any kernel messages produced by the xe0 interface
	- your /etc/pccard.conf and /etc/rc.conf
	- your kernel config file
	- output of 'pccardc dumpcis'

The card should definitely work *without* PAO; have you tried that?  I
don't really know how things change when PAO is running, they may have
modified the driver code, for instance.

Anyway, if you post all of that diagnostic stuff, the folks on the list
should be able to figure out what's going on.

Cheers,

	Scott