Date:      Thu, 31 May 2007 16:18:56 +0200
From:      Jeremie Le Hen <jeremie@le-hen.org>
To:        Scot Hetzel <swhetzel@gmail.com>
Cc:        bana@docisland.org, Jeremie Le Hen <jeremie@le-hen.org>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: X.org 7.2 eats the whole CPU whenever Firefox 2 displays something

Hi Scot,

Thanks for your reply.

On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 05:51:28AM -0500, Scot Hetzel wrote:
>  Which version of FreeBSD are you using?

Sorry, I should have said that I'm running a quite recent -CURRENT
(I have GCC 4.2).

>  FreeBSD 6.x had PR threads/101355 opened on this problem:
>
>  http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=101355
>
>  But it was closed with the following reason:
>
> > If your application is malloc hunger, then there is performance problem
> > on 6.x since malloc is protected by single lock, you may try -CURRENT,
> > the malloc was rewritten by Jason Evans on -CURRENT.
>
>  If your having this problem on -CURRENT, you may want to submit a new
>  bug report.

Nonetheless, this PR reminds me that libpthread switched from libkse
to libthr.  I'm going to try libkse when I'll be back home in a couple
of hours and I will send a follow-up here.  Eventually I will file a PR
if needed.

Best regards,
--
Jeremie Le Hen