Date:      Sat, 15 Nov 2003 17:21:54 +0100
From:      des@des.no (Dag-Erling =?iso-8859-1?q?Sm=F8rgrav?=)
To:        ticso@cicely.de
Cc:        alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: unexpected exception when rebooting

Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely12.cicely.de> writes:
> I've seen this kind of behavour once on a PC164 because of RAM errors
> that happened while in loader.
> Is this only for reboots?

Yes.

> Were did you issue the reboot request?

I get it with "shutdown -r now" from multi-user mode, "reboot" from
single-user mode, and with "call cpu_reset" from ddb.  As far as I can
determine, it happens every time I reboot.  I think it started with my
previous kernel, which was from late October, but the dump I posted is
from a kernel built from yesterday's sources.

DES
--=20
Dag-Erling Sm=F8rgrav - des@des.no