Date:      Mon, 11 Dec 2000 23:19:42 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Paul Donner <pdonner@cisco.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PAO Commit to 4-Stable

In message <4.1.20001212005209.02f02ab0@lint.cisco.com> Paul Donner writes:
: Can you point me to info that explains the level of features that
: are committed to 4-Stable (as per the web page).  Does this mean
: that PAO is fully-integrated into the 4.0 mainline?

One could easily characterize PAO as being nearly fully merged with
FreeBSD -current and be accurate.

I've written about this on a number of occasions.  You can look at my
slides from BSDcon which answer this question
	http://people.freebsd.org/~imp/bsdcon2000/slides.mpg

PAO Merge Status

	All major drivers have been merged
	Most fixes for misbehaving hardware merged
	Some drivers not merged
		networking: wlp*
		scsi drivers: cnw, ncv*, nsp*, stg*
		misc: gp, hss, joy, opl, scc
	Multifunction card support not merged
	Old wavelan (wlp) userland changes not merged
	Some edge case and workarounds for bad hardware not merged
	Non pccard issues not merged
		od driver
	Many new Japanese committers from PAO project

since these slides, the ncv, nsp and stg drivers have been committed
to FreeBSD and MFC'd.  cnw has been ported to stable and current (I'm
looking at committing it to -current).  I have a start on the wlp
driver, but it hangs on my machine.

The rest of the list is still correct.

Warner